1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

143or 120 tdi

ivor1 Apr 18, 2010

1. ivor1

ivor1 Member

Hi guys this maybe sounds like a stupid question but how do you tell the difference between a 120 and 143 a4 if you dont have any avail documentation are there are nos on the engine bay etc to tell the difference? car is 2009

2. redspudder

redspudder Sparky

Take a look in the boot in the spare wheel well,there will be a sticker in there with loads of codes on and a KW rating this will tell you the BHP of the car

3. redspudder

redspudder Sparky

4. ivor1

ivor1 Member

Should have mentioned that the car is an avant , where would the datat sticker be on this model ?

5. redspudder

redspudder Sparky

Does the avant not have a spare??

6. ivor1

ivor1 Member

has a spare ok but when looking around in there there seems to be a liner material, battery, jack etc but no stickers, will give dealer a shout thanks anyway guys

7. redspudder

redspudder Sparky

The same sticker should also be in either your service or handbook.

8. ivor1

ivor1 Member

Guys thanks for your help , i thought for a while i didint have a sticker in the boot , but got home tonight and took out some of the trim , and hey presto left side of wheel well bingo , but hey you wouldnt want to have to check it out in a hurry , and yes the car is 143 .

9. TreborA4

TreborA4 Active Member

I'm pleased to hear that you have the 143. I also have a 143 Avant. I had a 120 on demo for a week. Far too slow in pulling away. Also tried the 170 but the difference between it and the 143 was hardly noticeable IMO and I thought it was not worth the extra cost. Enjoy!

Trebor

10. ivor1

ivor1 Member

Thanks , i had a b7 170 which i really liked prior to the softwear change , but thought it was just a bit too thirsty , the new common rail engine is so quiet really well pleased with it.