140 Tdi Rr Remap Scotland

guari

Reaction score
Dear people, greetings from a new member!

I am about to buy an approved 2012 golf 140 TDI DSG. I wish to have it remapped. This will be my daily driver and will be used for short-ish daily runs with a once a week longer run to keep the dpf in good shape. I need a DSG as my wife will also be a driver of the car.

I was tempted by the 160 TSI as petrol better fits my driving but have read so many horror stories on cracked pistons, chains slipping, oil consumption, 7speed DSG's going into neutral or juddering, etc that I decided to avoid the 1.4 and 7dsg in full. Therefore my choice boils down to the 140 TDI. I don't want the 122 nor I don't have the money for a 2013 140 ACT. I'm buying to keep the car.

I have seen lots of threads and lots of different advice. I wish to have a remap for my daily drive, to get the hidden power out of the engine with a broader power distribution. I am not looking to redline the car as I did when I was 20... I'm not after peak power. That said, I wish to get a stage 1. I will do no other future mods to the performance other than maybe a KN air filter.

I have seen many tuners over the web (revo, bluefin, CC, AmD, shark-something, etc) and have been weighing pros and cons. I would like to tune it somehow near my place (Edinburgh) but I'm willing to travel if the service is good.

I would also prefer if the tune is done using a rolling road for my peace of mind rather than using a generic plug and play. This kind of rules out the bluefin. I also wish to be able to have a switch to change to original rather than having to drive all the way back to the tuner for it.

In conclusion, I'm looking for:

- An all-rounder remap, not agressive.
- Preferably a rolling road tune.
- A switch to get back to original.
- I'm willing to drive to get the best service. I want no shoddy dealers and will be willing to pay for it.

Any advice??? Thanks a lot guys and gals

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Brotek is the local shark dealer. Im sure there is a revo franchise in glasgow, not sure about edinburgh. They both site sponsors, just drop them a message and ask some questions. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Reactions: guari
Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Brotek is the local shark dealer. Im sure there is a revo franchise in glasgow, not sure about edinburgh. They both site sponsors, just drop them a message and ask some questions. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Thanks a lot for the welcome Sandra,

I'm just shooting off an email to the Shark staff, just found them through the brotek page.

Thanks.

Reactions: Sandra
Brotek is site sponsor and mark is really nice guy. :) x

Reactions: guari
Hi Guari

Currently waiting to collect our new A3 140 tdi on Saturday and have a virtually identical wish list to yourself in terms of a remap.

What was the feedback like from the guys at Brotek / Revo if you don't mind me asking?

The Revo franchise 'autotec' are only just down the road from me but I'd happily travel for a better product / service.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian

I had problems getting the car as someone snatched it before I could. I'm in the process of getting a Leon 1.8TSI instead.

Answering your question, I never had the chance to liase with the remapping guys as I never got the car. I did have a bit of email communication with the Shark staff but really can't say much.

Hope you get it sorted out, all the best

Cheers Gus

Good luck with the Leon