110 TDi 1.9 power mods!

scr8pdo

Reaction score
Hi I dont know if iam in the right place, please feel free mods to move or delete:

Iam just wondering what sort of power increase I could expect from a remap and a few light mods to a 1.9 (110 BHP) TDi in a B5, I have heard mixed reviews, I havent picked one up yet, just getting to know them before, I havent had much to do with the VAG TDis, could anyone tell me if the 110 BHP is a PD engine??

Others have said that I will benefit from a De-Cat and EGR delete kit, Iam pretty handy with a spanner, Iam a mechanic by trade, but not had much to do with Audi/VWs over the years, had plenty of experience with other makes, namely Volvo, BMW and Mercs and would defo feel confident doing work myself.

I have been impressed by the figures quoted on these lumps for economy and power, iam loooking for a family car I can have a play in and save a few quid on juice so have been swayed towards the DERVs of late especially with the price of fuel at the minute and am fed up visiting the petrol garage when iam only getting mid teens to early 20s (MPG) if iam careful in remapped Volvo T5s with nigh on 300 BHP, its not practical at the moment as iam off work.

There seems to be a massive tuning market for these VAG cars (Thanks Ruffrida) for pointing me in the right direction, any advice would be great and this forum seems to be a great friendly place :)

Engine is non-PD and afaik if the clutch and cam belt are up to scratch then it's pretty bomb proof.

Just about the cheapest mod you`ll see... *Update - Now with added boost**

I had a look at that, it's Mk3 related but the same principle as our engines. It's no where near as good as a remap but I've not found anyone that can map these engines so it might be a viable option. For the price I'll give it a go and report back though.

Engine is non-PD and afaik if the clutch and cam belt are up to scratch then it's pretty bomb proof.

I had a look at that, it's Mk3 related but the same principle as our engines. It's no where near as good as a remap but I've not found anyone that can map these engines so it might be a viable option. For the price I'll give it a go and report back though.

Yeah the old EVRY MOD, I have heard this one before and looks pretty straightforward, I know people who have done it, its dead easy with a POT, just watch you dont dial it too smokey :)

Has anyone actually done it on a B5 that can report results with it? Also I'm struggling with a discreet place to put the switch.

Planning on doing it at the end of the month when the nice people at Audi do my cam belt (no I'm not paying dealer prices :yes:)

Wow never heard of this one, has anyone in the UK actually tried it and what performances do they get from it??

Seems like a lot of ******* about for what could be not alot of gain!!

Couple of guys on ClubGTi have got good results on TDi 90 engines found in Golfs and Passats. Seems to be the same principle for our 110 engines. My wiring OCD means I'll do a much neater job than the fool in the thread though! The state of that wiring! I'm told the power is noticable and the cost is very minimal (I need the plugs male and female that go in the fuel pump wiring so I can remove it without evidence later simply to ensure a tidy install and not disturbing the OEM loom)

Oh yes, EGR delete all the way, mine will be having a bigger inlet manifold and egr delete at the end of the month, i am tempted to try this though, even though i already have a plug and play, just posted it to the 8L forum to see what they think, older engines and all that, lol

Does the EGR delete make a big difference on these lumps then?
Judging by some of the pics on YT, they look to get severely coked and caked up, shows how to burn the crud out of the inlet fanimolds using an airline and a blowlamp!

I have done loads of De-cats over the years, I see it as a MUST, cant stand the thought of the restriction and it works a treat especially on Turbo motors, they spool up much quicker

Not put the bigger inlet manifold on yet, but there was a definite difference when i added to the standard one, seemed to pick up a lot better, but it would do as the air is less restricted