10mm and 15mm spacer

Crazypete00

Reaction score
Hi, looking for 10mm spacers for the front of my s3 so that my rstt wheels fit over my brembos. I can't seem to find any for a reasonable price. Cheapest hub centric ones I found are £50+ whereas 15mm with bolts are £35.

Can anyone recommend where to get 10mm ones from?

i saw these on ebay - it says

"Outer wheel centre bore lips are not available on spacers below 15mm, you will need to measure the depth of your original hub lip.
The original hub lip depth MUST be at least 3mm less then the spacer width – e.g. a 20mm spacer will require a 17mm or less original hub lip depth."

is this true for all 10mm spacers? and if not do people usually recommend having the lip over not having them?

ok, do you recommend the 11mm and 16mm because they have the outer lip?

ok, do you recommend the 11mm and 16mm because they have the outer lip?

By outer lip I assume you are on about the centre part that makes them hub centric... hub centric spacers are a must IMO... Forge make decent kit... their sizes are typically 1mm thicker than the normal sizes available for reasons best known to themselves... probably marketing... 11 is bigger than 10 and bigger is better right? ;)

<tuffty/>

the ones i linked to are hubcentric as they have the 57.1mm bore but im guessing the outer lip is what the wheel sits on while you bolt it up

the ones i linked to are hubcentric as they have the 57.1mm bore but im guessing the outer lip is what the wheel sits on while you bolt it up

The ones pictured in the listing are not hubcentric... hubcentric spacers extend the centre hub out to allow the wheel to centrally locate... 10mm is the very limit of a hubcentric spacer on a VAG car... not sure on others... I have 10mm spacers that are hub centric (bought from eBay years ago so don't ask for a link lol)... Bill uses Forge ones as they
a) work
b) are hubcentric on 11mm and up
c) alloy not heavy steel like the ones you have linked to
d) good quality and value for money

If I were buying again I would use the Forge ones personally

The centre bore lip they refer to is the 'hubcentric' part... if they have no 'lip' they are not hubcentric

http://www.superforma.co.uk/hubcentric-explained

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Crazypete00
Hi Waggawagga

i ordered them from ebay, however i had a message not long after to say they were out of stock but expecting them in 2 weeks. didnt really want to wait for them as i will be fitting the brembos soon so need them. in the end i found some 10mm bimecc for slightly cheaper. i will PM you the link.

Reactions: waggawagga
10mm is the very limit of a hubcentric spacer on a VAG car...

<tuffty/>

I use these for R32 18" wheels combined with my small brake setup (Brembo Junior GT's)

The inbuilt spiggot profile does mean they only certain wheels

H&R Trak+ 8Mm (16Mm Per Axle) Hubcentric Wheel Spacers & Bolts

HR-Trak-8mm-16mm-Per-Axle-Hubcentric-Wheel-Spacers-Bolts.jpeg