10k boost cleaner or ecotek power boost

I'd imagine its like Redex which i use roughly every 3,000 miles.

I'd imagine its like Redex which i use roughly every 3,000 miles.

Do you think its good?

Tbh, I dont think fuel additives are worth it, ive tried a few and didnt notice any difference whatsoever.

I changed an injector in my TDI a few months ago and about a week before I ran a £20 fuel system cleaner especially for diesels through it. The instructions were to add to a full tank but I emptied the lot into less than half so it was extra concentrated. Anyway, removed the injector and it was filthy, completely different to the picture on the front of the packaging with the' before and after' shots lol.

Good quality fuel should have all the neccessary additives in anyway, really dont see how these can be of any use, but thats just my 2 cents.

Yeah i do agree with you, i only use shell fuel, and the additives in that should be enough, but i have also seen what Redex can do if you put something covered in carbon in a tub of it for a day or so and it does deffinately do a good job. I dont use it ofte, and usually only do it if im going on a long journey and want to run a full tank of additive through the car on a motorway drive.

seafoam FTW
magical stuff
you put 1/3 of the bottle in fuel tank
1/3 in with oil
and the final 1/3 in the vac pipes/intake system
then let the car sit there idleing and a hell of alot of white/grey smoke will come out of the exhaust for five-ten mins
then give it a litle run then change the oil:icon_thumright:

It's not a fuel additive guys.
It go's through the air intake system.

All clean the same stuff though, however that wont clean the fuel lines as it only goes through the intake and visa versa

this is why i posted about seafoam it cleans everything!
just cant help some people

Last edited:
I put ecotek powerboost through it this evening. Took it for a blast after there was a HUGE cloud of black smoke as I floored it all the way through 2nd and 3rd gear. It cleared on the next run.
I regularly rev it to the limiter and it's never smoked before, must have cleaned out alot of sh!t.
tank fuel of vpower derv tomoz and a new fuel filter. :sm4: