10J rims and decat......

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Hello Gents,
Just a quick one. Would 10j alloys fit on my car with, say 235/40/18's , or 245/40/18's ? It's been dropped 40mm lower on the rear than the audi sport suspension height. The fronts are not an issue as there only 7j's. Got my eye on some Porsche 911 alloys......

Has anyone done a diy decat on a 2.8 v6? I.E. sourced some pipe, cut the cats out and replaced with standard straight through piping?

Any input/feedback would be greatly appreciated.....:icon_thumright:

You will strugle to get 9" there without rolling the arches mate ! I have a set of Rial Daytona Race 8.5" wide et45 and they rub with 20mm spacers (had to use adaptors/spacers as the alloys are 5 x 100 !)...

bear in mind the RS4 runs 8.5J at ET20.

Even at 8.5" your having to space the wheel out from the factory ET45, to allow them to clear the suspension uprights.

At 10" the entire extra 1.5" of wheel would end up on the outside, and you'd be running rediculous spacers of 40-50mm or more, and would basically end up with a negative offset.

I wont even go into how completely ridiculous the tyres would look, not to mention downright dangerous, because the wheel would take out the arch the first time you hit an undulation on the motorway!

The solution is two pairs of front rims!

yeah agreed! But unfortunately I do not want to buy two sets of rims to achieve it! lol! has anyone any input ref my question on de-cat?

ther is an RS4 on RS246 runing 10" Porsche splits.
major arch work and matching the offset to avoid the uprights (you can move the arches afterall but you can't move the uprights!)

as for tyre choice a 235 on 10" are you serious?
235 is less than 9 1/4"...that is a minimum 1" side wall stretch, not to mention the rims of your new wheels hanging out like a kerb target.

I ran 245 on a 8.5" rim and they fit perfectly
for 10" you should be looking at a minimum of 255-265

Jcb....Yes I am serious. Testing the water me old potatoe.

Aragorn/Adam...many thanks for your answers.

Ollie.......

A decat can be made with a pair of steel flanges and some pipe

The current flanges are cast and do not take too kindly to welding. They will weld, but are fragile once done

JCB.......Thats testing the water for tyre sizes and fitments, not prepping my car for a gimp parade....Uhhh, yeah cheers big lad.

Byanz....Thanks mate. Will give that a try.

Here you have 10" rear mate
DSC02223.jpg

DSC02537.jpg

And after widening surgery
DSC09101.jpg

DSC08917.jpg

Holy Christ! Thats a **** take!!! Found a different set of Porsche alloys. The fronts are 7.5j , and the rears are 9j. I like to keep things fairly simple, and hate it when anything becomes more complicated than it should be (like it would if I entertained the idea of 10j's!).....

slepy - any pics of your car end on?

e? that's not my car mate
pics are taken from audizine

Ok. After many many hours of searching I have found some Porsche 996 alloys!! These are Mille Miglia reps, but I've done some digging and they sound pretty good(i.e not made of chocolate, like some reps!). They are even a 112 audi fitment too, so no need to bother with pricey adapters(wiping my brow).....they are 17's again, like the monos. 7.5J front, and 9J rear. The ET is 35mm. I don't think I will have a drama fitting these as I'm guna be using 225/45 tyres. Will get some pics up asap when the car is wearing them. Looks like I will be flogging the Monos too.....