1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 more question.. NEW TIRES!! WHAT TO BUY?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Maso3, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Maso3

Maso3 New Member

So, I bought my 98 1.8T A4 a few months ago and it came with some dunlops on it. From what I've heard, they are not the best. Some friends have said to check out michelin, Bridgestone, and Pirelli. I really would like a nice performance tire at a reasonable cost. Any suggestions??

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

Check out Eagle F1's mate!

4. Opted for F1's after reading loads of good comments on them in the forum. Very pleased so far, too early to comment on wear. They also look pukka /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

5. waveform2

waveform2 * J e d i *

I bought 4 eagle f1s and their excellent!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

6. low610

low610 Member

I've got Michelin's, they seem to be ok, had no issues yet. :)

7. meatychi

meatychi Member

Eagle F1's all the way! Cuts through puddles like a hot knife through butter!

8. F1s for sure. Not too sure about cutting through puddles though. Can't say I've ever tested my nerve to that extent. Keep your right foot light until the greasy roads are back to normal.

I had Avon ZZ3s on my '89 2.2 Coupe, and they were very good, but seemed to tramline a fair bit. The F1s, albeit on a different car, do seem more sure-footed. Plenty of transverse grip, but they don't seem to cope too well with off-straight steering and reasonable torque. This can always be put down to slightly inaccurate geometry settings though.

All round, pretty good. And they're not that that expensive really.

Drew.

9. neiloneilo

neiloneilo Member

They do cut through water like butter, well they did on friday!