1.9tdi FWD rear caliper carrier required.

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Set about removing the brake caliper and carrier as the replacement bolts arrived.

Turns out the bolts are the wrong ones, even though online etka says there are correct.

Top bolt snapped and bottom one I had to grind off. Before drilling out the studs, tried freeing off the seized sliders. One snapped in.

Then went looking for the replacement disc in my shed and now I can't find it anywhere.

Found the disc Shields along with the rear mudflaps I bought over 2 years ago. So I need to fit a shield as it's non-existent on the o/s/r (It fell off at work 2 years ago lol)

So, managed to get a new mudflap fitted so far. Wow, happy days.

So if anyone has a spare FWD rear caliper carrier kicking around, preferably with the two short 8mm bolts, please let me know as they urgently required!

Many thanks.

Dan

I have my old carriers off a 1.8T Quattro, slides are free but one rubber is split, I have the 8mm bolts as well. As far as I can make out on oemepc.com they should be the same. You can have them for the price of postage. I'm sure Aragorn will be able to verify if they will be the same or not. They do appear to fit a lot of cars so maybe you can get one from a breakers locally if you need it asap.

Attachments

• IMG_1804.JPG
    IMG_1804.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
Managed to get one from a scrap yard today, thanks @Phil_R .

Got a few other bits too, came to an almighty £4.80! lol.

No more ABS warning light on dash once over 30 mph.

Still get the ABS kicking just as about to come to a standstill though. Really annoying.

Thanks for your input guys.

Dan

One wheel signal will be dropping out just before you stop, which the ABS computer precieves as a locked wheel.

You need to use VCDS in live data mode, and drive very slowly and see which wheel drops out.

Still on the look out for a carrier as somebody has put the n/s/r and ring on wrong way round. There is a risk of the bolt snapping again.

If Not, it'll be another trip to scrappy but I can't get there until a week today.

Cheers.