1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.9tdi clutch adjustment???

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Ollie-B, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Ollie-B

Ollie-B Rockin' Shnit

[Dec 30, 2012]
    Hi i was wondering if the clutch travel can be adjusted on my car as the bite is very close to the pedal being fully off (very high) tryig to move the bite point more towards the floor (clutch isnt slipping so i would guess has plenty life left), thanks :)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. marktdisport

marktdisport Active Member

[Dec 31, 2012]
    This is how mine was had it remapped and a week later the clutch was slipping lol
  4. Ollie-B

Ollie-B Rockin' Shnit

[Dec 31, 2012]
    Never :eek: might aswel start pricing a new clutch up, i normaly take high pedals with worn clutches just thought there might be a way to adjust travel as ive seen a mod to raise the pedal with the push rod from the slave cylinder but not lower it
  5. Ian-83

Ian-83 Member

[Dec 31, 2012]
    Hydraulic clutch isn't any way to adjust the bite point. If it's very high or low then it's probably on it's way out.
  6. Ollie-B

Ollie-B Rockin' Shnit

[Dec 31, 2012]
    I got a price for a clutch kit before for my car and i was suprised how cheap it was, gonna buy it next week for when the innevitable happens
  7. marktdisport

marktdisport Active Member

[Jan 1, 2013]
    Just think also about the replacement of the DMF because if that gives up at a later date then its another labour charge to pay for