1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.9TDI 130

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by cruisinbeatz, Jan 26, 2013.

1. cruisinbeatz

cruisinbeatz Member

Hey all, im getting a few things done to the car and I am thinking of getting a remap not to far away. 1 thing i do wonder though. I had a 110 toledo remapped to 145 and i noticed a shudder when accelerating in the higher gears. I also got my last passat 130 awx remapped to 166 and noticed the same on it. Is this a common fault with remapping or whats the deal?
  2. Turbo unit

Turbo unit Member

if it was mapped by the same tuner then i would put it down to the map and use some 1 else
  3. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

The shudder is compressor surge, don't step on it from low revs in high gear, drop a gear or two if necessary. Also the flywheel is going to rumble as well due to increase in torque...
  4. cruisinbeatz

cruisinbeatz Member

Yea they were both done by quantium remaps before. So you think it's natural enough to get some shudder?
  5. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

Too much torque upsets the flywheel, hence the shudder. You need to get new flywheel or upgrade to single mass flywheel and stronger clutch with organic linings !
  6. bobby singh

bobby singh New Member

Adam is right too much torque.
    I would try and get a more progressive map and save your running gear. I've done these cars upto 220hp on a vnt17 hybrid no issues.