1.9TDI 110bhp re-map? Any experience here?

Bigman

Cornish and Proud!
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I am just curious as to whether any one on here has had thier 1.9tdi 110hp's re-mapped and what figures they were reaching after the map? as i am currently loking into the possibilities of getting it done.

Also there any good places in the midlands to get them done?

Thanks

Adam

DPM said:
Depends where your based mate and if your prepared to travel?

No, i don't mind traveling realy, if i were to get a good map with decent figures etc i would not mind at all, and being based in coventry means i am reasonalby central.

I hear that 135 - 140 tends to be the figures comonly achieved, is there any way of getting 140+?

I have also heard of people fitting 216 nozzles and then getting a re-map to suit the higher fueling, but how comon is this and what sort of figures can be achieved doing this?

Thanks

Adam

Yup mine was chipped after using a piggy back kit.

If you can get the car running its best before hand with a service etc... just running smoothly.

I had fitted bigger .216 nozzles to mine before the remap and it made 106 bhp pre remap and post it made 155bhp.
Althou mine has/had a few issues and a better engine might make 165bhp with nozzles.

My next step is gona be decat/nice big exhaust. But the car is more limited by the size of the turbo and would need a vnt 17b & fmic and it would make 200bhp+ but you would also need a new clutch. I am fairly happy with 155bhp.

I paid 250 for the remap on a chip & spin group day.

Layerz said:
Yup mine was chipped after using a piggy back kit.

I had fitted bigger .216 nozzles to mine before the remap and it made 106 bhp pre remap and post it made 155bhp.
Althou mine has/had a few issues and a better engine might make 165bhp with nozzles.

Saying it made 106bhp before re-map, was that from a 90bhp std or was it an under powered 110?

Adam

Probably underpowered. As stock mine should be 110bhp.

After getting the .216 nozzles fitted from .205 stock I did notice a big improvement but I did not get a RR before.
After the new nozzles were fitted I made 110 bhp on a RR day (the 106 was on different rollers)

Also my head gasket went about 1-2k after the chip, but this was due to go anyway from the looks of things I had a slow water leak for about 6-10 months and was slowly replacing parts when the head went.

I just want to mention that since getting the head skimmed I have had alot of black smoke, this could be fromo overfueling etc..... Please check out my other thread and I will let you know as I discover what is up.
The only reason I mention this is I don't want to recomend you a set up that gives you lots of smoke, but I think a few vagcom settings will get me smoking less.

Got some 216 nozzles sitting on the side at home and keep meaning to get them fitted to my 110tdi. do they really make a difference?

From what i have read/heard yes, but it there are a few adjustments that would need to be done to the fueling if you were gunna run them without a map, otherwise get a re-map that takes into consideration the larger nozzles and i hear you can get anwhere up to 165bhp.....