1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.9TDI 110bhp re-map? Any experience here?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Bigman, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Bigman

Bigman Cornish and Proud!

[Dec 2, 2007]
    Hey Guys

I am just curious as to whether any one on here has had thier 1.9tdi 110hp's re-mapped and what figures they were reaching after the map? as i am currently loking into the possibilities of getting it done.

Also there any good places in the midlands to get them done?

Thanks

Adam
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

[Dec 3, 2007]
  4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Dec 3, 2007]
    Layerz had his dine in the Chipped UK group buy IIRC. He was well pleased
  5. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[Dec 3, 2007]
    Depends where your based mate and if your prepared to travel?
  6. Bigman

[Dec 3, 2007]
    No, i don't mind traveling realy, if i were to get a good map with decent figures etc i would not mind at all, and being based in coventry means i am reasonalby central.

I hear that 135 - 140 tends to be the figures comonly achieved, is there any way of getting 140+?

I have also heard of people fitting 216 nozzles and then getting a re-map to suit the higher fueling, but how comon is this and what sort of figures can be achieved doing this?

Thanks

Adam
  7. Layerz

Layerz Member

[Dec 3, 2007]
    Yup mine was chipped after using a piggy back kit.

If you can get the car running its best before hand with a service etc... just running smoothly.

I had fitted bigger .216 nozzles to mine before the remap and it made 106 bhp pre remap and post it made 155bhp.
    Althou mine has/had a few issues and a better engine might make 165bhp with nozzles.

My next step is gona be decat/nice big exhaust. But the car is more limited by the size of the turbo and would need a vnt 17b & fmic and it would make 200bhp+ but you would also need a new clutch. I am fairly happy with 155bhp.

I paid 250 for the remap on a chip & spin group day.
  8. Bigman

[Dec 3, 2007]
    Saying it made 106bhp before re-map, was that from a 90bhp std or was it an under powered 110?

Adam
  9. Layerz

Layerz Member

[Dec 3, 2007]
    Probably underpowered. As stock mine should be 110bhp.

After getting the .216 nozzles fitted from .205 stock I did notice a big improvement but I did not get a RR before.
    After the new nozzles were fitted I made 110 bhp on a RR day (the 106 was on different rollers)

Also my head gasket went about 1-2k after the chip, but this was due to go anyway from the looks of things I had a slow water leak for about 6-10 months and was slowly replacing parts when the head went.

I just want to mention that since getting the head skimmed I have had alot of black smoke, this could be fromo overfueling etc..... Please check out my other thread and I will let you know as I discover what is up.
    The only reason I mention this is I don't want to recomend you a set up that gives you lots of smoke, but I think a few vagcom settings will get me smoking less.
  10. redevo1

redevo1 Member

[Dec 4, 2007]
    Got some 216 nozzles sitting on the side at home and keep meaning to get them fitted to my 110tdi. do they really make a difference?
  11. Bigman

[Dec 5, 2007]
    From what i have read/heard yes, but it there are a few adjustments that would need to be done to the fueling if you were gunna run them without a map, otherwise get a re-map that takes into consideration the larger nozzles and i hear you can get anwhere up to 165bhp.....