1.9 TDi pulsation damper box

MooLard

Reaction score
Good afternoon

Has anyone removed / blocked this extra box piece off, what difference does it make?
What is the purpose of it? I've had a hunt on here and general search online but haven't dug anything up yet.

Many thanks

Bump, no ideas then anyone? Guess it's a bit hard to reach and block off just to see what happens, if it's not broke then I won't be fixing it..!

Audi B6 19 Pulsation Damper Just worked out how to upload a pic, it's good that it works built in to the site.

Morning, thanks for the links! Despite those forum posts being for the newer engine model, they still call that part by the same name, it looks different on those cars too but it must serve the same purpose.
I've got to take my bumper off at some point to fit an air guide to the intercooler that was missing when I bought the car, so I'll have a look and think of a creative way to block it off and see what the difference is for myself. No adverse affects mentioned, which is good.

I've seen this on my car, I don't see the point of it. Let us know how it feels when it's blocked off.

So, I blocked this off at the weekend and it's really hard to tell of any difference, and the most time that goes on I can't remember how it was, doh! No adverse affects from doing it though so if you feel inclined go for it.

Yeah, when I read up on this it really didn't seem like it did anything other than produce a slight increase in spool up noise.

I dont have one fitted to mine!