1.9 TDI Poor MPG

anilkumar

Reaction score
hi

i have A3 1.9 TDI 130 has 94K on the clock is doing about 120 miles on 17 liters arond town thats about 30MPG had an oil and filter change this seems quite low is my MAF sensor faulty what else can cause MPG to be low the performace is fine it is a bit smokey
progress.gif

Anil

If you can disconnect it and drive around with it, see if it makes a difference, if it doesnt then its not that.

See if you can get the car on VAGCOM, that will bring up any faults if there are any.

right. check your egr is not sticking open and then check for boost leaks. those two absolutely destroy mpg on the pd lumps

MAF ,air filter and fuel filter might need changed also mate. had same problem and MAF and fuel filter Sorted it on my TDI

i have got a vag com scan done came up with fuel temp sender and temp sensor power seems to be a bit flat some times might clean the EGR as its done 95 K

thanks for the help

had a new maf due to car bieng down on power also cleaned the egr its was full of crap im going to change the fuel filter as its done more than 10k miles