1.9 TDI Avant

BONEHEAD_TDI

Reaction score
Hello

I'm new to the forum I have just purchased an a4 avant for a bargain price and have a couple of questions!

As it is an early non PD model I know it can still be remapped to give raesonable power gains does anyone know the best place to get this done in or around the essex area?

Also I will be replacing the clutch soon is it worth getting the flywheel lightened and balanced or would I not see any results on a diesel?

I hope to get some pictures up soon

Chris

flywheel is probably a waste of time. Its arguable whether it even makes a difference on a petrol. A diesel just doesnt have the throttle response for it to do anything imo.

If your wanting big power gains from the TDI you'll need to change the injectors. The standard ones are only good for around 130ish hp with the correctly sized injectors and a good remap you should be able to see 150-170hp i'd imagine. As for who can do it i'd phone a few companies and see who seems the best.

Dont touch the flywheel on a diesel as i'm quite sure they require a heavy flywheel for rotational mass if im not mistaken.

As the guy said you can tune the diesel turbos with good effect and massive torque but don't go expecting the same figures as a late VAG diesel engine.

Lightweight flywheel = more vibration! Not worth it TBH. What BHP is your 1.9?