1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.9 tdi (1997) warm start problem

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by markf497, Sep 19, 2006.

1. markf497

markf497 New Member

[Sep 19, 2006]
    i've a problem with my car starting it starts no problem when cold but once it has been running it will turn over and fire up then die the longer it has been running (warmer the car is) the longer i have to leave it for it to restart. i changed the MAP sensor and the glow plugs i also took the plunger out of the fuel cut of solenoid but still the same any ideas would be appreciated as i phoned my local garage and they didn't really want to have a look at it and the VW garage don't do Audi anymore nearest VW\Audi dealer garage that will look at it is 25 miles away.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. CraigM

CraigM Member

4. enda1

enda1 Member

[Sep 20, 2006]
    Mark.
    My dad had a similiar problem on this '00 A4 PD TDI. Would start from cold but once the engine was warm if you tried to start it you had to crank it for ages to fire it up. Turned out the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation valve) was knackered.
  5. markf497

markf497 New Member

[Sep 20, 2006]
    when its warm it briefly starts then dies if i keep turning the key it does this 3-4 times then it just turns over without firing up i then have to leave it for some time then it starts ok.