1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.9 Pre-PD TDI- Fuel Pump not working but posible fix?

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by buel, Nov 14, 2013.

1. buel

buel Member

Hi all,
    Please can you try and help me. My girlfriend has an x reg 1.9 TDI Audi A3 and last week the glow plug light started flashing. We got the code:
    'Quantity adjuster upper limit reached P1562'

Last Friday the car wouldn't start and no fuel was getting through to the injectors. My friend has just had time to take a look at the fuel injection pump and he said that "There is a stop solenoid furthest away from where the Cam belt runs (above the injector pipes) and the wire coming to the solenoid is not live with the ignition on.. I connected the battery to it and it did lift it"

Please can I/we ask apart from replacing the pump, is there a repair he could do? Should the solenoid be live with the ignition on?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. buel

buel Member

Anyone please?

4. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

Get a 2nd hand pmp mate, the pump you have is goosed. I had a few the solenoid arm breaks so it cannot advance the timing anymore hence the fault !

5. buel

buel Member

Great, thanks for that.The part number is 029 00 355 32 B, can I ask does the next pump have to have the exact same number?

6. buel

buel Member

Thanks so much for that. My pump part number is 029 00 355 32 B, please can I ask does the next pump I get HAVE to have the exact same part number?

7. buel

buel Member

Problem solved....eventually! As predicted, a second hand fuel pump saved the day!
    Thank you to all of you for your help!!