1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.8tqs what brake discs?

Nogwuy Jan 24, 2009

1. Nogwuy

Nogwuy Member

as above, whilst trying to sort other things today and fitting new suspension I noticed my discs are horribly rusty and manky. Should I just replace with Audi items or can anyone recomment some decent aftermaket ones and where from?

2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Front or back?
    Not that it really matters, decent aftermarket discs will be fine, but get some decent pads, like Ferodo DS2500's or similar. Much more brake for your money

3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

i wouldnt bother with fancy disks personally

Throw a generic set of disks from the factors on there, and fit some good pads and good brake fluid.

As mark says, DS2500s are good, as are Mintex M1144's, for the fluid something like ATE Blue or Castrol SRF.

Also its worth remembering that you should try to keep the system as balanced as possible. If you uprate the front with DS2500's and leave the rear on ancient OE pads, you'll shift the bias forward, and that will lengthen your stopping distance.

4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Whoops forgot that little gem ^^ always do them all for sure

5. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

don't get ebc discs...they are pants!

6. Nogwuy

Nogwuy Member

thanks guys, so just standard disks from Audi then? Or where else? And updated pads all round.

7. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

i'd just get them from a motorfactors.