1.8TQS Rear brakes sticking

crazy88

Loving the anonymity
Reaction score
Hi.

My right rear caliper is sticking and braking is getting horrendous. I'm considering purchasing an old set of rear calipers and getting them refurbed so that I can just swap them over when they are done rather than be without the car for a few days/ weeks.

Looking on eBay I think there was maybe 1 rear caliper on there for a "b5 quattro". Are the rear calipers common between any other models? Anybody got a spare set they want to part with for cheap? ;)

****** i only just through my old set last month you could of had them for nowt !!

Maybe look at going facelift S4 should go straight on with exsisting hoses etc

Bradderz, I've heard s4 face lift are hard to find. And it's just had new pads and discs a few weeks back, we don't fancy upgrading again as I'm currently poor and recovering from fitting a kitchen. :)

I'll keep a look out though.

Jbh, I'll drop you a pm. I'm not in a desperate rush, but want it sorting so that might work well.

Cheers

I don't think it is hard to find s4 calipers, but I will be getting my tqs ones off soon, so if you are not in a rush, you can have them.

I snapped my achilles not long after this thread and haven't been able to drive the car in months, so other than a few trips around the block by the wife it wasn't used.

Anyway, I want to sort this now. Anyone know if the above will fit? Bradderz mentioned s4 calipers as an upgrade. I can't be bothered trying to refurb myself, it seems like a pain from what i've read on here and elsewhere.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A4-S...Audi|Cars+Type:S4+quattro&hash=item25a96e18cb

Thanks

I snapped my achilles not long after this thread and haven't been able to drive the car in months, so other than a few trips around the block by the wife it wasn't used.

Anyway, I want to sort this now. Anyone know if the above will fit? Bradderz mentioned s4 calipers as an upgrade. I can't be bothered trying to refurb myself, it seems like a pain from what i've read on here and elsewhere.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A4-S...Audi|Cars+Type:S4+quattro&hash=item25a96e18cb

Thanks
If you dont want to upgrade, I have both calipers from my tqs.

All B5 quattro's use the same rear calipers and use the solid 245mm disc except facelift S4's they use the vented 256mm disc and chunkier caliper setup.

There is a breakers in preston/blackburn iirc that breaks S/RS models but they seem pretty steep on prices from there listings ive come across on ebay. Might be worth a shot, personally they need doing so its a no brainer to go for the vented ones i doubt you will need spacers if you were to use trig brackets and 300mm disc then id say youd be needing spacers.

ive fitted the 256 vented to the rear of mine and the car stops great. ive also done the 312mm front conversion also so this really does make a difference.

I have a set of FL s4 rear calipers and carriers but I would need to hunt them out as everything is scattered between my dad's garage and my mates garage as ive just moved house over the weekend. the calipers will need refurbished though

^^ he's your man crazy, saved you some ebay searching hours there lol

Any brake upgrade is worth it in my eyes on a car like ours !!

Got a pair of tqs calipers here that are only 2-3 years old.