1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.8TQ suspension

Discussion in 'Handling' started by Pontio, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Pontio

Pontio Member

Hello there everybody. I have reached the stage were i am now going to get a lowered/stiffened suspension for my car. Should i go for fully adjustable or a fixed drop and damping? there are the obvious advantages but i'd only leave it in one setting for the rest of its life anyway.. I dont only want the drop for looks but for handling also.
    I have 225/40/18 rubber on my car on ET 35 so how low can i go without problems?
    I am considering uprating my rear anti roll bar too, any recommendations?
    Sorry for the long and boring post, all help appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
  2. waveform2

waveform2 * J e d i *

Might be worth a search this was recently discussed if i get time later i'll have a search and post a link. What car a3/a4? if a4 b5/b6?

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  3. Pontio

Pontio Member

A3 8L. thanks for the reply
  4. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

A well proven successful suspension set up is:

Bilstein or Koni shocks
    Eibach or H&R springs

Neuspeed front and rear anti-roll bars or VW Golf 4Motion rear anti-roll bar

All depends how much you have to spend. If money is no object and you want a great setup, go for the Neuspeed front and rear ARBs, Bilstein shocks and EIbach or H&R springs. That setup along with some negative camber will have you wondering why you didn't do it sooner!