1.8T Slowness from South Africa

JasonSA

Reaction score
Hello hi! I'm Jason, from Cape Town in South Africa and just turned 21.

So after looking at loads of different cars over the past few months, I happened to come across this Atlas Grey A4 for an absolute steal. I just couldn't say no :grin:

Yes, I ended up getting one with the Multichronic box and yes I know its a matter of time before it blows. But when it does go, I have a spare 5 speed to swap into it. Luckily I have a few in depth how-to's to do the swap and its not too bad and a lot more cost effective :tongueclosed:

So as I said its an 05 1.8T, one owner, FSH with Audi Cape Town and 180k km. The interior is absolutely immaculate which is a bonus. Exterior is also really clean bar the stone chips and a few small dents which are being taken out this week :laughing::grin:

The day I picked it up:

IMG_1052 by Jason Clifton, on Flickr

IMG_1049 by Jason Clifton, on Flickr

IMG_1130 by Jason Clifton, on Flickr

And theeeeeen I saw oil on the block and on the underpan tray thing. Assumed it was the tappet cover gasket so went to GW and bought one.
Took it to Stealth Tuned CPT

IMG_1102 by Jason Clifton, on Flickr

Wasn't the tappet cover gasket, but this

IMG_1093 by Jason Clifton, on Flickr

My PCV was also FUBAR and looked like it had been blown up by Isis, so took the gasket back to GW, and bought the two new parts. Ruan and Ryan fitted both and managed to get me back on the road so I could use the car for college the next day.

Then cleaned the sump, gearbox and underpan tray ready for roadworthy this morning

IMG_1134 by Jason Clifton, on Flickr

Cone on MAF

IMG_1117 by Jason Clifton, on Flickr

Roadworthy done

IMG_1137 by Jason Clifton, on Flickr

Then took the fugly tow bar off (will remove the chassis bar when rear bumper comes off but its okay for now. Put my old plates back on, and took the A4 badge off :smiley:

IMG_1139 by Jason Clifton, on Flickr

Plans? Well at the moment, its just making sure its reliable. Having a guy come in this week to push the dents out, waiting on quotes to respray and colour code the front bumper and bonnet. Then its just a matter of colour coding everything else and getting a boot lip. Then I'll do downpipe and catback, then suspension and wheels.

:grin::grin::grin:

Just two pics from cleaning the cars on the public holiday

IMG_1150 by Jason Clifton, on Flickr

IMG_1149 by Jason Clifton, on Flickr

And then I pulled the old plates off yesterday to put my own plates on, and found this... :crying: :crying:

IMG_1155 by Jason Clifton, on Flickr

Was so angry that I ended up booking it in next week for numberplate recess flush and respray/colour code of front bumper :rockwoot::haha:

I also stopped by at Pynoxim for him to log my car and see that all is healthy and it is :happy:
He also coded in my DRL's so now my parks and fogs stay on all the time without me having to turn the headlight switch on.

:laughing: