1.8T official 0-60?

ABOO

Reaction score
Just a quick one. Can anyone shed any light on the official quoted 0-60 of 1.8T?
Parkers have it listed at around 8.5 seconds, while Audi driver magazine have it at around 7.7?[surely not the same as early seat leon cupra with 180bhp]

Also what do people believe this would drop to after some breathing mods and stage 1 remap?

Regards, Kev.....:)

i'm running a setup that is listed in my profile, with turbo running at 0.9bar boost, up from std. with knackered clutch and not a proper boot and a bit of wheelspin, i registered a 7.5 on my gps equipment for 0-60. this will probably drop to 7.0 if done properly with new clutch.

My nephew as co driver with his stop watch measured it at 7.0 secs on our 3rd and 4th attempt. The first 2 attempts were more like test runs clocking at 7.8 and 7.5 sec. At the time it was running on standard setup.

there are 2 1.8t, a 150 & 180bhp, so surely both these will be different??

ARe they as quick as that. Would have thought the poweer in a car that size would be about 9seconds. Mine makes 180bhp at the mo an dI wouldn't have said it feels like a 7.7 second car.

Be intresting to see what it would do against a proper clock.

mine doesn't feel like 7.5 secs by a long shot, but i have seen it on my timing gear which appears to be quite accurate when i've used it back to back on with timing gear on other cars. i was very surprised mine was below 8.5 secs.

PMSL at staring at a speedo with a stopwatch,.............such an accurate way of confirming a 0-60 time lol

fermented said:
i think in the manual audi claims 8.2 secs
but that's conservative :)

why would a manufacturer put in a conservative time for their own car ?

I think the manual I have says its 8.3 secs for a 1.8T (& I dont care if anyone's car feels faster than that.. or if they timed it on there grand dad's rolex pocket watch)

(& the speedo's 100% accurate as we all know..)

Mothy69 said:
why would a manufacturer put in a conservative time for their own car ?

I think the manual I have says its 8.3 secs for a 1.8T (& I dont care if anyone's car feels faster than that.. or if they timed it on there grand dad's rolex pocket watch)

(& the speedo's 100% accurate as we all know..)

LoL dont be so naive !

I have my own rolex thank you very much.

You need a G-Tech meter or whatever they are called, you cant do it with a stop watch pmsl!

0-60 times are pants anyway, its just one minor aspect of a cars performance and nothing more than pub bragging rights, I would be more concerned about how I enjoyed driving my car on my commute or a weekend spirited drive over the hills and far away

Bong Water said:
You need a G-Tech meter or whatever they are called, you cant do it with a stop watch pmsl!

No you don't.

I was so impressed with my G-Tech meter that I sold it within a fortnight.

What you need is official Datron timing gear, or official times from the Pod (but not 0-60 obviously).

No other DIY figures are remotely credible.

Never had one, just seen them used on DVD's etc, on serious Skylines, Evo's etc

0-60 really doesnt bother me, it used to, then I realised I was chasing figures and missing the point. I dont even know what the 0-60 of my A4 is and I dont want to know TBH

Its under 10 seconds, thats better thean before i changed the engine as that could be measured on a calender easily lol

bit like power figures, don't know (at the moment) don't care either.

when it's fast enough i'll stop modding. :)

Not really interested in 0-60 myself, was just wondering about the conflicting times. What is the standard lb/ft torque figure on 150bhp, 1.8T? Can anyone help?:)

Cancel my last, have found on Parkers that it is around 155 lb/ft as standard. Am I right in thinking that this will rise to about 195 lb/ft with a remap? :)

What sort of figures have you guys and gals achieved in both a stage 1 remap stand alone, and also stage 2 plus exhaust, filter[panel] plus any other mods required? Both torque and bhp[particularly torque]......

A mate Superchipped mnine for me and we did before and after runs on his rather posh Dyno Dynamics rolling road.

Before : 148bhp 157lb
After : 178bhp 198lb

ArchieRR.jpg

Cheers for replys guys. Must make a real difference to how car performs?:icon_thumright:

One of the things I find that helps with the acceleration is to turn off the fan/heater. Even if the aircon is not activated the heater will rob still some power as I've noticed.

Road Razor said:
One of the things I find that helps with the acceleration is to turn off the fan/heater. Even if the aircon is not activated the heater will rob still some power as I've noticed.

Agreed, and don't forget to shave all your bodyhair off.