1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.8T Noise

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by nickclements, Jul 26, 2004.

1. nickclements

nickclements New Member

I have a 2 week old 1.8T (163).

I'm getting a strange noise when accelerating. When approaching 3k revs with the throttle a fair way in (not floored mind), I can detect a high-ish pitched blow/hum which seems to be coming from the right of the engine/dash. Certainly doesn't sound like turbo whistle (btw - haven't heard any on the 1.8T - although I've had plenty of whistles from a 2.5TDI!), and could almost be described as a metallic sound.

Just for info - I'm still running the car in, just less than 600 miles, no revs > 4k and haven't floored it.

Any ideas before I go and pester the dealer??

And another one. At about 5mph after starting up, there is a 'knock' from the underside of the car. Is this the ABS pump?

Thanks,

Nick.

2. jetspeed

jetspeed New Member

Nick04, I too get that knock after you begin driving just after start up and hit 5mph or so, it sounds like it's coming from the brake area on mine......

3. VACINC

VACINC Member

I have the same hi picted noise,it comes and goes, 2 months
    old 2500 miles,would be interested to here any feed back you can find out from audi, sometimes the noise cannot be heard for 2 to 3 weeks or more ?????

4. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

i have the brake 'scraping' type noise just when pulling off sometimes too...

5. GS65

GS65 Member

My 2003 18t sport makes the same noise some times had no problems may down to weather conditions I only seem to here it early evening.The noise from the brakes as you move off is something to do with the ABS