1.8T Limited edition

A8UK

Reaction score
I am looking to change my car around the end of the year. I know its a long time away so im getting a short list ready.

The 1.8T Limited Edition caught my attention, there 04/54 cars that can be had for around £8k which seems very good value to me. They do seem pretty loaded. What are your thoughts of this? Whats it like compared to a standard 1.8T s-line?

Also what power upgrades are available other than remaps?

Lastly, is it worth paying this amount of money as the B8 is now out? The B6 is the old, old shape now. Hoepfully they will be around £6-7k at the end of the year.

i have a B6 avant details below:

1.8T
Quattro
18" split rims
buffalino full leather
heated seats
sat-nav (sore point just now)
cd changer (sore point just now)
s-line front bumper
paid £8,700 with fsh

currently waiting for it to go into A4Audi this week to get the following:

remap to 225BHP
new clutch
oil pump
sludge pipe
oil etc.
new rear discs and pads
full re-wire on sat-nav and cd changer

just fitted 2 x dunlop sp maxx XL last week, so current spend this month is around £2k.
not good for the wallet in january :blownose:

Im struggling to find out what the difference is between the Limited edition and the s-line. Can anyone help me out please?

as far as i know, s-line is just the trim level, not aware of a special edition, unless perhaps a local garage has added something to the car to make it sell, different wheels, sports kit, leather seats etc.

Its a proper Audi model, called A4 1.8T Limited Edition. It was one of the last B6 A4's made.

As far as I know the official S-line wasnt released until 04 and they released a couple of models as limited edition and 190 sport at the end of 03 early 04 to get rid of models etc. My 190 sport came with the full s-line kit, sports seats, 6sp gearbox, 17inch alloys. In fact I viewed a special edition and couldnt tell of any difference. The only reason I went for the 190 sport was because it was in black.

Thanks for the reply, apprently the limited editions were 53, 04 and 54 plate cars.

The only difference i can see is the limited edition has not got s-line interior trim and the engine is the 163bhp instead of the 190bhp.

Im interested in the limited edition because at the moment there worth about £1.5-2k less than an s-line which seems like a bargain.

A8UK said:
Thanks for the reply, apprently the limited editions were 53, 04 and 54 plate cars.

The only difference i can see is the limited edition has not got s-line interior trim and the engine is the 163bhp instead of the 190bhp.

Im interested in the limited edition because at the moment there worth about £1.5-2k less than an s-line which seems like a bargain.

That's it apart from the LTD's were 5 speed (S-Line 6sp) in FWD. The S-Lines came with the 18" Five Arm wheels too (LTD 17" 9 spokes)

Spec's will be a little more random as the S-Line had a bit more standard kit.

BUB :thumbsup:

I had the 1.8TLE and like Bub says there were some slight differences. All in all though a good value model.

personally I'd pay the extra for the better performance and standard kit...

I re-mapped the LE up to 200bhp and made a huge difference to the car. Doing it to the 190bhp model, takes it up to c220-230bhp, so MUCH BETTER !!

Mine is an 04 LE, 1.8TQ - 6sp gearbox on the quattros. Mine also came with full recaro interior (out of an RS4), and the 17" 9 spoke wheels.

Chaz

Yours sounds like a good spec, any pics of it?

Here are some pics:

Before I bought it, it no longer has the ABT wheels on it

a4-1.jpg

a4-2.jpg

A4A.JPG

The clear rear lights have gone, and it has Millteks on it now, too....

they are s4 seats chas i have the same but mine are silver