1.8t intermittant power

Coogy

Reaction score
long story short i have a 1.8t 190 bhp model i know its a bog car but always thought it was sluggish , my flexi has just gone (sounds like a tank) but i can now hear that there is a problem with the power .

Because the exhsust is loud i can hear that there seems to be (best way to describe it) intermittent power the revs fly up and i can hear the turbo fine but there is something causing a problem .

Ive checked all boost pipes and vac pipes new plugs oil filter etc ...

Its as if there is something fluctuating as in
The exhaust sound is wus ...wus ...wus instead of s constsnt flow

Seems to be worse in 1-3 4-6 pulls better

Any help would be great

Might be your vanes in your turbo are sticking .. Mine did this .. Mr muscle oven cleaner fixed it .. Undo your exhaust just enough so you can get a straw in and then put your mr muscle oven cleaner in the leave it over night .. Only put this stuff in from the back not the front as it will knacker your turbo

It's a petrol not diesel, petrol doesn't have the variable geometry turbo. It would be an idea to scan for any codes if you can?

Ive had it plugged in no codes found tho

I've had that happen before due to a broken (or partially broken) wire going to the N75 valve.

Sometimes it would boost normally, othertimes you'd only get 5psi.

It did leave a fault code though.

Given you describe a fluttering noise, i'd have your dump valve checked. They split internally. Might be worth just sitcking a new one on if you've never changed it, they're only about 25quid from the dealer.