1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.8t exhaust centre section

Emmo May 28, 2007

1. Emmo

Emmo Member

I have got a remus backbox for my a3 1.8t and am looking for a centre section now. I bought the Remus as i've had remus exhausts on my last cars and the fit, finish and sound is superb.

there is the option of having a straight through pipe from the cat to the backbox without a silencer or one with a silencer on it.
    I just wanted to find out how much louder the noise would be with out a silencer in the centre?

I dont want the exhaust to be loud or drone when cruising at motorway speeds, just want a nice subtle deep tone.

What have the rest of you guys got and does anyone have pictures or sound clips, I've not heard what an aftermarket exhaust sounds like on a 1.8t.

2. Emmo

Emmo Member

anybody got anything to say about what aftermarket exhausts you have on your a3/s3?

3. Ballcrusher

Ballcrusher NO CAT JUST 3" STRAIT THREW

i had a miltek cat back with a straight through cente and section not much louder than standard then i decated with a straight through decat pipe and sounded fantastic and not to loud but the good thing is you could here the turbo spall up and gave a little more grunt now ive gone for a full costom rear box it sounds crazy..........hers a vid with the miltek straight through and decated pipe and its befor i had thr remap and custom exhaust.
    http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/ballcrusher/?action=view&current=JimSantaPodOct06.flv