1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.8T Electrics problem

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by MrPolaris, Nov 2, 2009.

1. MrPolaris

MrPolaris New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Hi folks, having a bit of bother with my 1.8T 99 plate...

A couple of weeks ago I had a timing belt and alternator belt change as well as a full service, since doing so the car had been fine until last tuesday (27th Oct) My battery light came appeared on my dash about 10 minutes later there was a beep and it drew a battery symbol on my trip computer followed by my ABS light and then soon after my Airbag light... within a couple of seconds it displayed the stop exclamation mark thing and cut out completely...

I tried giving the battery a charge but it just did it again, so thought I'd buy a new alternator (genuine Bosch) which I fitted on Saturday afternoon and this again failed on Sunday afternoon 1st Nov, so I went out and bought a brand new battery thinking this was my cure but no, it completely died again tonight, I am completely puzzled as to whats gone wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Turbo Lag

Turbo Lag New Member

Feb 12, 2008

I'm having the exact same problems - from reading some similar threads, it sounds like it may have been a bad earth?