1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.8T de-cat pipe help needed.

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by JayB5UK, Aug 21, 2006.

1. JayB5UK

JayB5UK Member

[Aug 21, 2006]
    Hi, I know a couple of you have mentioned doing this Soupie69 I remember commenting on this, but I changed my whole system and de-cat this weekend, but that's another thread.
    Bloody nightmare doing it with jacks & stands not a ramp, if I wasn't so eager I wouldn't have bothered and won't again!
    Anyway, me and a mate did it and tightened the nuts from turbo to cat pipe up as tight as poss at the time and used a new gasket but i'm sure it's leaking air from here. Does it normally need re-tightening after a bit? I did get a pattern gasket which looked a bit thin..
    I can't get access to underneath so I guess i'll be taking the airbox out again tonight!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. billybravo

billybravo MODERATOR

[Aug 21, 2006]
    which cat bypass pipe did you get if you dont mind me asking mate and where from
  4. JayB5UK

JayB5UK Member

[Aug 21, 2006]
    To be honest, i'm not sure! It came with the Milltek but they dont appear to make one, at least not anymore, it's cat-back or race-cat!
    It does have a badge welded to it with a part no. though but no name.
    I have another one at home aswell which I may sell in the near future.
    Watch this space.
  5. billybravo

billybravo MODERATOR

[Aug 21, 2006]
    if so let me know as im going to buy prob end of the month the ATP 3" pipe from the group buy

but if your selling urs cheaper then i will get it from you

cheers

craig