1.8t cut out and wont start again for more than couple of seconds

fullpower

Reaction score
car just cut out driving up the road ,if i click the ignition on and of couple of times it will start for a second then die like its running out of fuel or the imobilzer is kicking in but codes and no imobilzer light(key symbol)

crankshaft position sensor? read somewhere it dosnt always throw up codes?

swapped it out for the 1 in my other car still no good. starts then cuts out

yeah it comes on then off and stays off. just went out tried it again now wont start at all now still no codes. tried unplugging the maf, swapping the crank shaft position sensor, tried swapping ign amp just because it an easy quick job to rule out. didnt try swapping the coils yet or the plugs but cant imagine it being them. il try fuel pump relay in the morning, I can here the pump prime but il try it anyway. I cant really think of anything else apart from the fuel filter is blocked or pump is dead maybe the ecu has had it or bad earth .

fuel gauge was lying petrol sorted it ,the hand was nowhere near the bottom and the light was not on (bulb works) but never the less petrol fixed it.

bad fuel sender then? Theres a wee wire on the sender that breaks iirc.

Surely you must have known it was close to empty based on the last time you filled it up, and how far you'd driven?

bad fuel sender then? Theres a wee wire on the sender that breaks iirc.

Surely you must have known it was close to empty based on the last time you filled it up, and how far you'd driven?
it was my girlfriends golf,gauge said it had more than enough in it and the petrol light was not on if it was my audi would have gone at least 30 miles with light on .