1.8T Chip / Remap oh and a couple of Q's

colina

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

First post on here finding some very interesting stuff out

Got my A3 1.8T (2001) last week. Must say is a lovely car and I am super happy with it . . . . . .

However would like to get it chipped up. Could any of the more informed members of the site please advice me of what I would need to do to get the car chipped up to a resonable level.

The reason I ask is that I have seen many different answers on the site with BHP differing from 30 - 49BHP. I know there will not be a definitive answer but any advice on wether I need to get a new exhaust at the same time etc would be appreciated

Additionally I live in East London and have no idea where my local stealers are any idea ?

Oh and one final thing and this probably sounds completely stupid by what is a 'drive by wire' ? and how do I know what mine is ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hello /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Re-Maps are such a subjective subject and often down to how your first contact went with the tuner - What I mean is use your 'Instinct'.

I made a lot of calls before I had my car done - Believe me!

If you want personal recommendation then I use Star Performance in Fife. You don't have to visit them if you go for the DualSystem box - your new Re-Map is sent in the post and you just load it into the Car. (takes 4-5 mins) You can then swap back to standard in the same time.

Star Performance

Drive by wire - Is the system just about every car uses these days. Instead of having a mechanical link from your right foot to the engine , ie The throttle cable. There is now a sensor on the pedal and a motor on the engine to open and close the throttle - Hence 'drive by wire'.

Hope that makes sense!

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif