1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.8t CAT CHEAP (any condiction)

A4turbo IOW Feb 12, 2010

1. A4turbo IOW

A4turbo IOW New Member

im after a standard cat as im only really after the flanges (and using the original to mock up the dimensions) for a de-cat section.. obv. il pay postage to the isle of wight, cheers

2. slepy

slepy Extremely smart and handsome person. VCDS Map User

Did you try ebay?
    There is few B5 1.8T breaking now.

3. olds_kool

olds_kool Active Member VCDS Map User

i think jcb had one that he'd knocked through, not sure if he sold it might be worth a pm

4. phoenixv6quattro

phoenixv6quattro staylowmovefast

Theres a dude on ebay called the "catman". Got mine off him. 80 quid each. Not bad quality, and the fits good.

5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I had one that was knocked thru, but gave the flanges to mark.

Problem is you really want a dead one, as a working ones going to be worth money, but at the same time anyone with a dead cat would just chuck it in the bucket.

6. phoenixv6quattro

phoenixv6quattro staylowmovefast

You could be neckt mate and ask your local stealers if they have any in their bins!

7. A4turbo IOW

A4turbo IOW New Member

true, it's not really a problem, i can machine some flanges at work on the water jet, but if i had a knacked cat i was just planning on welding a piece of gash re-bar between the two flanges and cuting the 'cat' section out and replacing it with a piece of pipe then cut the re-bar off after, it would just save time pissing about mocking the flanges up by eye as it were.......the hunt continues

8. A4turbo IOW

A4turbo IOW New Member

thats not a bad idea...