1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.8t best remap place in or around milton keynes

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by georgegbe, Apr 30, 2014.

1. georgegbe

georgegbe New Member

Hi I've got a a3 1.8t agu engine 1997 and want it remaped could anyone recommend somewhere in or close to Milton Keynes?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lewis583

Lewis583 Active Member
    VCDS Map User

How close?

R-Tech power are just an hour away in Hinckley and come with a good rep for tuning the AGU management. But if your car has underlying issues be warned they will refuse to map it, so make sure all boost leaks/vac leaks etc etc are sorted before you go.

4. phil08

phil08 Member

Refuse?

I thought they along with Badger5 are the professionals that actually perform smoke tests etc before any work is carried out on the Engine management.

Some people will be completely oblivious as to whether the car has a leak!?

I have been in contact with R-tech recently and they haven't said they will refuse to carry out work, infact they send literature stating if its fixable they will get the parts needed so the car can be worked on.

5. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid
    Supporter

R-tech is a tuning shop,while they will do little bits to get the car running properly, anything major they will ask you to collect the car unmapped,

If you are unsure if the car is worthy, Bill maybe your best bet as he is more hands on with the mechanics side of things too, but remember whoever does it, time is money...so it is in your best interest to get it as spot on as you can