1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.8T AUM split hose problem?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by pangsterA3, May 20, 2012.

1. pangsterA3

pangsterA3 Member

[May 20, 2012]
    I was topping up the washer fluid on my car today and noticed I could hear a slight hissing at idle. I had a quick look over the engine and noticed that this hose running from the intake manifold had a split in it. As a temporary measure I've wrapped it with insulating tape which seems to have sealed it and got rid of the hissing - but wondered if anyone know what this hose was or what it did??

thanks for any help/advice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. bengal

bengal Member

[May 20, 2012]
    That would be the vacuum pipe for the brake servo, I'd get it changed asap else you will end up in trouble if you need to slam the brakes on.

It's a main dealer only part and it should have a part no on it somewhere.
    pangsterA3 likes this.
  4. pangsterA3

pangsterA3 Member

[May 20, 2012]
    excellent!! - thanks for the quick reply Bengal!! - I'll get one ordered pronto.. if I get a chance I'll really need to give all the hoses a proper once over as I would imagine that there might be more on the verge of splitting! :)

thanks again for the help! :)
  5. bengal

bengal Member

[May 20, 2012]
    No problem, as for the rest of the pipes, if they look like they've been on for a while then I would change them all just to be sure as 99% of my running problems have been down to the maze of vacuum pipes in the engine bay.

Silicone hoses are the way forward if you don't mind paying a bit more than the rubber ones.
  6. Metro

Metro Error

[May 20, 2012]
    Get that changed as soon as possible! Mines split all the way along and ive got no brakes at all! The entire pipe was quoted at 60 from tps