1.8t apu need more power

If one pops up yeah but no rush really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been in contacted with another turbo company about a borg Warner ko4 they are going to ring me tomorrow hopefully it comes to something

Reactions: QuattroCalum
Had something back from them it's not good news they can supply one and mod it but it's 1500 pounds just to much anyone got any suggestions for a cheaper option cheers

Had something back from them it's not good news they can supply one and mod it but it's 1500 pounds just to much anyone got any suggestions for a cheaper option cheers

Shame but not surprised.

Would the BEX turbo not suffice? Appreciating it falls below your power target but will only cost £150-200 for the turbo and is a pretty straight forward install.

To be spending more on the turbo than the car is worth, in my mind, is bonkers. £1500 as quoted above could buy you a TQS and still have a good chunk of change.

You hit the nail on the head mate it's just not worth it I need to wait for a bex turbo to come up only really want 240 bhp just need to find one as common as rocking horse sh**

You hit the nail on the head mate it's just not worth it I need to wait for a bex turbo to come up only really want 240 bhp just need to find one as common as rocking horse sh**

Here's a tip - search on eBay for either BEX engine or A4 B6 Breaking, find one with the 1.8t engine and ask if the turbo is still available - they are out there trust me..... had 3 positive hits in the last 2 weeks.

Lol will try that fingers crossed cheers

Reactions: MaverickTDi
OK that might be a option how hard is it to pick up the adapter

Sorry to sound stupid but this is my first time changing turbos done most stuff but this is all a bit new to me lol

beachbuggy turbos sells the adaptors.

Its a bit of custom work to make the -064 fit, but its a 350hp capable turbo and should give an excellent end result

350bhp sounds good the turbo I have seen comes with the manifold attached when you say custom work is it a easy job something I could do on my drive

Yes, the TFSI turbo has a manifold built in, which is why you need the adaptor plate.

well for instance you'll need to have a custom downpipe made. The downpipe flange needs cut and a new hole drilled to clear the engine mount, and you'll have to sort out custom pipework for the intake and outlet of the turbo.

Its all doable, but some bits like the exhaust will probably need a professional.

I've got a ko4-064 and the manifold adaptor plate/bolts.. £500 all in posted

Reactions: QuattroCalum
Thanks for the advice but I think it just sounds like to much work a bit out of my depth

Got my red Saab injectors today can I fit them or do I need to change the turbo first it's already been remaped

you cant just change the injectors. They can only be fitted once the ECU is mapped specifically for those injectors.

Quite a way up yes. I have a guy local in Hertfordshire who's good and will be doing mine but I've gone on contacts of my brother than experience so only want to recommend once I've seen him do his thing and seen the results.

OK cool that's closer to me based just outside guildford let me know how it goes mate cheers

Car's been sat outside my house for weeks now with no wiring harness. Turns out converting it to DBW is a complete sod. Too far in to go back though.

Car's been sat outside my house for weeks now with no wiring harness. Turns out converting it to DBW is a complete sod. Too far in to go back though.
I know that feeling mate had a mk3 golf vr6 about ten years ago that someone said there easy to turbo charge lol 2k later it was turbo charged it pushed out 330 bhp but 13 MPG lol

I am about to give up trying to find a bex turbo there not easy to find

Didn't think. It did need to sort something out regarding this turbo

Not sure where hes got the idea that the 2.7 uses the same turbo, it doesnt.

From someone who has a BEX and is fitting the 2.7v6. He’s keeping the turbo as a spare.

From someone who has a BEX and is fitting the 2.7v6. He’s keeping the turbo as a spare.

Is it the same there is a lot more of them about then the bex will look in to it mate cheers