1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.8t aeb inlet pipe?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by sam80quattro, Aug 19, 2010.

1. sam80quattro

sam80quattro Member

the small pipe maybe 10mm next to the throttle body, what does it connect to? same for the 10mm(ish) pipe underneath the throttle body, whats that for? thanks
  2. murran

murran Active Member

picture?
  3. sam80quattro

sam80quattro Member

[​IMG]
    not my pic but to the right hand side of where the throttle body bolts on theres a pipe pointing towards you, that 1 and a 1 underneath too. cheers
  4. sam80quattro

sam80quattro Member

anyone?
  5. sam80quattro

sam80quattro Member

on the crankcase breather there is a t peice. does the small pipe go to the inlet manifold with the check valve inline?
  6. evilscotsman

evilscotsman Space Cowboy

picture not working mate

it might go there, others will come along with the answer. im runnin a tdi the now and not looked at my aeb motor for over a year so cant remember now.
  7. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

not sure about a 10mm pipe?

Theres a big outlet on top perhaps 20-25mm which goes to the pancake valve, then one underneath thats for the dump valve recirculation. Perhaps theres also a small one for the N75?

For the crank breather, theres a T-Piece attached to the Z pipe, with a check valve then a small hose up to the underside of the inlet manifold. The only other connection i can think of on the manifold is the front left corner of the plenum, which has a small nipple takeoff for the dump valve.
  8. sam80quattro

sam80quattro Member

the hose from the t-piece to inlet is 1 of the 1s i was talking about, so thats that 1 sorted, where does the charcoal canister vent from/too on aeb? i think that is probably going to be my spare pipe just to the side of the throttle body ??
  9. murran

murran Active Member

theres a few pipes round there. need a pic really....... the carcoal canister (vent from the petrol tank) will go to the inlet system somewhere.

any split/soft hoses/the one way valve in the beather system being gunked up.......... will need replacing as they'll be letting in fresh air in/venting fresh air/causing excess crankcase pressure/subjecting the crankcase to too much vacuum/causing the air mass sensor to be reading wrong.... and will be causing engine lights to be on/causing running faults etc.

need a picture of the pipe your on about to have any idea.
  10. sam80quattro

sam80quattro Member

11. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

One on the left with the rubber pipe goes round to the N80 valve etc, one on the right goes to the breather T piece via the check valve.
  12. sam80quattro

sam80quattro Member

thank you very much :D