1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. help please i have a 1.8 turbo 5 valve audi A4 and the oil pump is broke in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif . i have just tried to take off the sump but with no success, if any one knows how to get it off i would be very gratfull or if any one know of a on line manaul i could use

thanks very much mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

Coul you not get a haynes manual too. They should suit the problem perfectly as they tell you nothing useful bar rebuilding an engine.

3. cbass

cbass Member

Getting the sump off of the audi 1.8T engines is very hard and requires removing the front subframe and/or lifting the engine out of the bay slightly (a few centimeters is all). That's why garages charge so much. It's not the parts, it's just a really hard job to do. This might help you understand a bit more.

Let us know how you get on!

I had to replace my oil pump about a year ago, it cost me $580 USD. The dealer wanted upwards of $800 and another shop wanted $750. IIRC, the actual part I found for only a little over $100. It's the labor that costs on this job.

Sorry mate, wish I had better news for ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. hi still no luck i have jackesd up the engine 3 inch and taken all the bolts out of the sump that i can see but it will not come off i have tryed to move it and it only moves about 3 mm eather way can you tell me why

thaks mike

5. excursion

excursion Member

Mike, wouldn't it be better to take the engine out and check all the bearings?