1.8 TQS Coilpack query

Diggy

Reaction score
Hi all, been a long-time lurker on here. I have a quick question. Im pretty certain I have a coilpack fail on my car. Bought a bremi bolt down type from GSF this morning. Just taken the cover off the engine and the coils in there are push-fit types. Would it be a problem fitting this?

Cheers for the reply. Had the RAC round, typically they didnt have the correct coilpack on their van, so its a trip to ECP Wembley for me tomorrow to hopefully get the correct one. The RAC chap did connect the coil GSF supplied but although the car started fine it was still registering a misfire on cylinder 4.

Bolt down packs have 3 wires as the ignition amplifier is remote, push down packs are 4 wire as the amplifier is built into the coil pack.
So no, they wouldn't work even if you did make them fit. And your breakdown man is a total idiot.

Buy genuine, or buy twice.

Worth checking the packs aren't covered by the recall. You might get a set for free.

Reactions: Gops
I assume you were supplied hitachi/beru bolt downs which would have worked, but given you have push downs already seemed stupid to use one odd one.

The older type coils wont have worked as stated, but the white top/insert one would have

ye give you local audi dealer a phone...i got mine done for free as there was a recall and the car is 10 years old!!!!!
mark

Yes call Audi and ask if your car has had the coil pack recall, if not Audi will replace them for free. They are £25 each from audi.

Ive had my mk4 golf and my s3 done under the recall

You can get bolt downs for later cars as mentioned, not all bolt downs are for the older cars..

Get some 2.0t ones if you are planning on getting a whole set, they work just as well, if not better.

Thanks for the replies. Got a coil from ECP this morning, will look into the recall and see if I can get them all replaced. Passenger window has now decided to stop working for some reason..........brilliant !

Whilst getting the plastic clips for the window, I got Audi to check for the coil pack recall. My car is due one so will get it booked in this week hopefully. Thanks again.