1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.8 tfsi average mpg

jord11 Aug 15, 2013

1. jord11

jord11 Member

I currently own a corsa limited edition 1.3 diesel had the car from new and is now 2 years old, its mapped, has a piper exhaust and an itg panel filter it ran 107bhp and 212lbsft of torque on a rolling road 3 months ago not bad from the standard 75bhp and 148 lbs ft anyway it averages 50mpg round town and can do 70+ mpg on a long run, I first looked at the 2.0 tdi a3's but my best mate has a 2.0 tdi black edition and he has had problem after problem with it and pnly averages 38mpg, with realising this I looked at other engines I would love a petrol but only if I could average 35ish mpg around town which is when I looked at the 1.4 and 1.8 tfsi and with my aunt owning a tts I checked the insurance on a 2.0 tfsi but that's out the question lol so what I'm after I real world mpg figures for the 1.8 as thats just a slight step down from the 2.0, any help advice appreciated.

2. jord11

jord11 Member

Sorry for the essay :lol:

3. DomH

DomH Active Member Audi S1

Around town I've been getting low 20's for short runs and up to 30 on longer runs, but I've only had the car a few weeks so still adjusting to everything. I drove to the seaside the other week on single lane A/B roads at around 60mph and I was getting around 45mpg easily! I went down to Silverstone at the weekend and managed just short of 40mpg, which was motorway at about 80mph (oops, 70! ;) )

1.8 + a decent remap should put you on par with a 2.0 anyway

4. jord11

jord11 Member

Oh that doesn't sound too bad, thanks for your reply

5. shady-ninja

shady-ninja Active Member

I've got an MY09 1.8T FSI.
    Its a good engine and averages 25mpg in town but on the motorway I get 44mpg at 80mph.
    I once had 51.9mpg at 65mph.
    I hope that helps.