1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.8 T lump wanted

ALPINE Oct 14, 2008

1. ALPINE

ALPINE Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

think my engines gonna die soon. sounds very ill. its close to 153000 miles now, turbos a prise C**t and it either a new lump or a new car.

Sounding like a diesel, it deffo has a machanical "dank dank dank dank" sound to it. its not the hydro lifters its a deeper heavyer sound than that.

just wonder if some one could tell me how much i would be looking at buying an engine and if its worth doing.

Cheers peeps :(
    :keule::keule::keule::keule::keule::keule::keule::keule::keule::keule::keule:
    :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

i think Doc was selling the engine from his car... Fire him a PM

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

JEEEZ !! You aint having much luck are ya !!

4. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed! VCDS Map User

yeah speak to doc, i'm sure he'd welcome a good owner for this lump and a bit of cash too....

5. dappadan786

dappadan786 Member

hi mate, is there no chance of getting it rebuilt?

6. ALPINE

doc... ? ?

Dappanad... na i cant afford to get a rebuild!

7. brendan

brendan 98 A4 1.8SE

where's the noise coming from? top or bottom end? if it's top end is it from the back or front of the engine? any other symptoms?

if it's top end and towards the rear it could be the cam chain tensioner, maybe? £300 from audi for a new part, plus gaskets & fitting. (i got mine from usa ebay for half the price though :))

could also be oil pump or sludge on the oil pickup pipe causing low oil pressure?

certainly both of these are reasonably easy and inexpensive to fix. good luck.

8. 951

951 Member

I have an engine for sale complete apart from turbo/cat and coil packs.

9. stapo69

stapo69 All hail the mighty quattro!

You know doc surely? Docurley. Just had the small mishap with his widebody silver A4/RS4.

10. ALPINE

lol

yes i know doc... i was saying doc?? as in asking doc if he could help.

:)
    sorry 4 the confusion.