1.8 camshafts in 1.8t

MfkerHR

Reaction score
Has anyone here done it? It has more degrees so I wonder has anyone from forum did it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its been done before... @Prawn runs them, Bill runs them in the Lupo, I tried them...
f you have them then try them who
The potentially offer a bit more if mapped up but what they give is subjective and really depends what your setup is..

If on a small turbo (k03) then possibly nothing to write home about on a mid size big turbo then potentially a little to gain, big turbo stuff, use proper cams

If you have them then try them... do a before and after on the dyno... you may still need to get a map tweak to get the 'best' out of them though

<tuffty/>

Thanks for kind reply. I tend to buy these camshafts and I will do balancing and I will drop weight on them. I run stock everything k03 turbo. But someone told me 1.8i camshafts can’t stand higher heat because its not meant for turbo engine. Is this true?

non turbo exhaust valves I suspect you mean... turbo exhaust valves are sodium filled... non turbo exhaust vales will be a problem... not the cams

Can't imagine there will be much to gain with a K03... they don't really flow much air at all... but post up the results... might actually put an internet myth to bed :)

<tuffty/>

non turbo exhaust valves I suspect you mean... turbo exhaust valves are sodium filled... non turbo exhaust vales will be a problem... not the cams

Can't imagine there will be much to gain with a K03... they don't really flow much air at all... but post up the results... might actually put an internet myth to bed :)

<tuffty/>

I have 1.8t agu now all stock will do buying 1.8i camshafts now I will balance them and lighten them up.
I will do general service on motor and put these camshafts

I will post results during next week. Especially because I didn’t find anything about this online.