1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.6 Diesel S Tronic

SJR88 Sep 13, 2017

1. SJR88

SJR88 Active Member

Does anyone have the 1.6 diesel S Tronic?

I’d appreciate everyone’s opinions. I need a car fairly soon and I’m having trouble finding 1.5 tfsi S Tronic, and I’m currently used to a 2.0 diesel A4 with 150hp.

There’s a 1.6 diesel S Tronic in stock with a lease company, I could probably have it in a week, but I don’t want to rush into it for the sake of needing a car soon.

2. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Started with nothing & still have most of it left. Team Manhattan Team Mythos Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Whats your concerns fella ?

SJR88 likes this.
  3. SJR88

SJR88 Active Member

@Jcbmally That it may not be powerful enough. I just want to know what some owners experience of the engine are.

4. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Started with nothing & still have most of it left. Team Manhattan Team Mythos Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

A family member has a manual A3 1.6tdi, its ok but obviously does feel slower than my 15otdi, not massively though,, BUT you do notice a big difference in the torque. I think the 1.6tdi will be a bit better in s-tronic form though. I would have a test drive if I were you.

SJR88 likes this.
  5. SJR88

SJR88 Active Member

@Jcbmally Ah ok thanks for the advice. I know, I really do think I need a test drive. I’ll have to try and go to a dealership this week.

Jcbmally likes this.
  6. RichardT

RichardT Well-Known Member Team Brill Red Audi A3 saloon

I wouldn't settle for a diesel if you really want a petrol. You will regret it.

SJR88 likes this.
  7. SJR88

SJR88 Active Member

@RichardT I know, I don’t mind too much providing it’s not an effort to drive. I think it’s just a case of test driving it to know if I’d be happy with it.