1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.4TFSI Sport... Right Choice? Or...?!

ShortShift811 Nov 11, 2011

1. ShortShift811

ShortShift811 New Member

Hi all,

Newbie here. I'm on the brink of confirming my next company car choice: a 3dr 1.4TFSI Sport in Brilliant Black. Only added options are bluetooth and the ipod connection (not AMI).

I'd have liked a bigger engine and slightly better spec, but this is the best combination on my list. A couple of q's before I pull the trigger:

- Is the Sport the right variant to go for? I've heard various complaints about the ride. Had a go in a friend's SE and found that a bit wallowy with numb steering (my last car being a SEAT Leon FR).

- Does the bluetooth pair up OK with a modern Blackberry? Again, I've heard of issues with connecting.

- Similarly, how much functionality does the iPod connection give via the m/f steering wheel? I'm not expecting miracles, but it'd be nice if I don't need to remove the iPod from the glovebox to change albums and playlists.

Hopefully I'm making a good choice! Will be doing 15 -20K miles a year mixed between motorways and A-roads. The FR was a nightmare for engine and road noise, so with a bit of luck this is a good step up.

TIA,

Gareth :)

2. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Regional Rep Site Sponsor Gold Supporter Audi A3 Team Brill Red

the 1.4tfsi is a good engine , the sport has a hard ride same as the s-line mine is a sport and now I'm running on coilovers its so much better but of course you wouldn't be able to do that so the sport isn't that bad just a bit hard on motorways its very comfortable just on bumpy roads it gets a bit hard thats all i had my car on standard suspenssion for 3 ish years so can live with it very well not sure on the bluetooth I've got a aftermarket one in mine

3. Ben H

Ben H On a journey...

Assuming that this is a brand new car, then I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. I imagine it makes a lot of sense as a company car due to low Co2 and the reasonable spec that comes on A3s now that they are later in their lifecycle.

The Sport suspension set-up is probably comparable to a Golf GT or Leon FR for compfort; the S-Line uses even lower springs and stiffer damper settings and is oft-criticised (although I found it to be just fine).

Brilliant Black is going to be a lovely colour when new / detailed, but will require a lot of TLC if you want to keep it that way (suffering as it does from being both black and a flat paint!).