1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.4TFSI Performance Upgrades !?!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Lee23, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Lee23

Lee23 New Member

[Jun 28, 2013]
    Hi all I have a 1.4TFSI im basically finished on the cosmetic upgrades now I want to start doing the performance side, any ideas what would be best for my particular 8P..?

Intake..
    Exhaust...
    Remapping company..
    Any turbo upgrades..
    etc etc..

Any help will be much obliged.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 26, 2014]

3. I oOEddOo I

I oOEddOo I Member

[Jun 28, 2013]
    In my opinion my order would be
    1. Install an intake first follow by Remap there are alot of good remap company such as apr,revo,sharks,amd, superchip etc these can't go wrong and is just your personal preference and I went for Revo :)
    2. Get an exhaust after but i don't know alot about the 1.4TFSI I am sure there are people on this forum are willing to help

Hope my opinion helps you
  4. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jun 28, 2013]
    An intake isn't going to make much difference on the 1.4TFSI engine. The best bet is a remap but do your research 1st as this type of ECU is locked and requires removal from the car to be 'bench' remapped. Lots of other threads on the forum discussing the pros and cons of remapping this way.
    NHN likes this.
  5. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[Jun 29, 2013]
    You need a turbo, no question. I wouldn't even get it remapped without changing it. Loba do a nice one. The standard turbo is already flat out, and after a remap you end up with 135bhp if you are lucky.

Rick