1.4 TFSI Turbo Actuator Rod Rattle....factory fix?

First Ever Audi

Reaction score
Balmedie(next to Donald Trump's Controversial Golf
Folks,

As most of us with the 1.4 already know, the rattling actuator rod was fixed by the installation of a simple clip.

Would it be safe to assume that there will now be a "fix" for all new 1.4's in production, rather than retrofitting the clip? Interested to hear comments from those who've received 1.4's recently?

Thanks

You would assume that if it's a wider problem and effects all 1.4 Cod and non cod engines they would have this solved. Is every 1.4 owner having this problem? I got the non cod and I had to get it fixed.

I thought this turbo wastegate actuator rattle was 1.4 122PS only - and the 1.4 140PS COD did not have this issue?

I had mine fixed a few months after delivery (May '13). You would think they would have it sussed by now. That said, the bigger engines seem to be suffering from this now.

What you trading in for First Ever Audi ?.

I've sacked the cabby idea for now. Might buy another A3 with a pano roof ?.

You do right. Great spec, look and value. What colour have you gone for ?

A work colleague of mine has a Glacier Sportback S-Line. It does look good. I'm still happy with Daytona like. It's been the most commented on aspect of the car for me !. Suits the lines of the car massively.

Reactions: First Ever Audi
Agree, there's something about Daytona that seems to make the lines of the car look nicer...

Reactions: First Ever Audi