1.4 COD Sportback S Line Nearly Here!

Geoffa30

Reaction score
Hi All

First post!

Just had confirmation that my 1.4 COD Sportback S Line is now in the country and should hopefully be ready for collection late next week / early the following week. Placed order on March 16th and was originally expecting a September delivery. Got a week 27 build week a couple of weeks after ordering before that was moved to week 20. Moving from an A1 that I'll be sorry to part with but cannot wait.

It's Monsoon Grey with Comfort Pack, Technology Pack, Nappa Leather, B&O, Panoramic Roof, Aluminium Roof Rails and Folding Door Mirrors.

Will be sure to post pictures once it's here 8o)

lucky guy. so just to clarify you recieved a build week 2 weeks after your order??? was this you pushing the dealer for a build week date or did he keep in contact with you. its just i order mine 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing. have called dealer but they are unable to give me a date as of yet.

Just checked back on my emails. Got first confirmation of build week on April 5th without asking. Not too bad especially as they held off ordering because of wanting to get a MY14 model (doubt I will have though) and Easter being around that time. I have dealt with the same salesman before though.

Congrats !!

Be sure to check the display to see if the vehicle is in 2 cylinders or 4 cylinders mode as some people in France are experiencing the issue : No display and they are not sure that the car is really with the CoD engine or not.

Hope all is well for you.

Mine doesn't display 2-cylinder mode in the display as well, but under certain circumstances you can definitely feel the car driving in this mode.

Mine doesn't display 2-cylinder mode in the display as well, but under certain circumstances you can definitely feel the car driving in this mode.
I had understood that it was going to tell you on one of the displays when it was in 2 cylinder mode. Have they changed the design so that it doesn't now do this, or are some cars displaying it and others not?

interesting......mine is also due next week....should be Thursday ...it arrived in the Uk 19th May...ordered at the end of Jan....was told mine would be the first one in the uk!!!!..hmm amongst the first by the sounds of it.

Would love to see a Monsoon S-Line.....a very clever choice

Do any dealers have the 1.4 COD as a demonstrator yet? I was in the Golf version last week and wouldn't mind a drive in the A3 for comparison. BTW, it's very clearly displayed on the Golf's display when you're in 2 cylinder mode.

Yep, but it doesn't work on the A3. People on a German forum have this problem as well.

Having made this post on May 29th, I am finally going to pick the car up this Saturday. I was a little optimistic with the turnaround time from it arriving in the country and taking delivery!

It's taken five weeks to get the registration number from my old care transferred over to the new one. Great service from DVLA. May be one day they'll reach the 21st Century and it won't take so long to do the transfer. Anyway, so looking forward to Saturday now and finally being able to have the car. It's been torture seeing more and more new A3s on the road knowing that I'm still waiting.

Pictures to follow...

Having made this post on May 29th, I am finally going to pick the car up this Saturday. I was a little optimistic with the turnaround time from it arriving in the country and taking delivery!

It's taken five weeks to get the registration number from my old care transferred over to the new one. Great service from DVLA. May be one day they'll reach the 21st Century and it won't take so long to do the transfer. Anyway, so looking forward to Saturday now and finally being able to have the car. It's been torture seeing more and more new A3s on the road knowing that I'm still waiting.

Pictures to follow...

Hooorahhh!...a weekend pick up..perfect

lucky guy. so just to clarify you recieved a build week 2 weeks after your order??? was this you pushing the dealer for a build week date or did he keep in contact with you. its just i order mine 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing. have called dealer but they are unable to give me a date as of yet.

I got notified of my build week after 1 1/2 weeks. I got the call yesterday build week 33, ordered 6th July.

Finally here and definitely worth the wait. It's in another league to the A1 that it replaced. And mine definitely says when it's in 2 cylinder mode.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 332
Reactions: Fragup
Finally here and definitely worth the wait. It's in another league to the A1 that it replaced. And mine definitely says when it's in 2 cylinder mode.

That looks quality. I hope my Glacier White looks as good as that!

Nice to know it informs you when running on 2 cylinders, they must have updated the software as I thought it didn't inform you on the A3.

Hi geoffa am about to order and join the C.O.D. Club, how does it display on dashboard when on 2 cylinders, as other previous post suggested It didn't and would be great if it does.
P.s. very nice car ! And cool background. S line alloys really look good with your colour.

Hi geoffa am about to order and join the C.O.D. Club, how does it display on dashboard when on 2 cylinders, as other previous post suggested It didn't and would be great if it does.
P.s. very nice car ! And cool background. S line alloys really look good with your colour.

It shows up at the bottom of the dashboard display when in Computer mode which is selected with the menu on steering wheel. Quite surprised how often it goes into 2 cylinder mode.

It shows up at the bottom of the dashboard display when in Computer mode which is selected with the menu on steering wheel. Quite surprised how often it goes into 2 cylinder mode.

That's interesting. Other COD owners have looked everywhere for it and found nothing. When they asked, Audi said it didn't display 2/4 cylinder mode and they didn't intend to change that.

I can confirm that the 2-cylinder mode is displayed on the DIS of my MY2014 1.4 CoD SB Sport. As pointed out by Geoffa30, the DIS has to be switched to computer mode showing either the momentary fuel consumption, or the average fuel consumption for the current journey. It is surprising to see how often the engine goes into 2-cylinder mode, even while pottering slowly around town. Audi may have introduced the 2-cylinder mode display with MY2014. However, there is no mention of the way to display it in the manual.

Thanks, really good to know.

Betaspin says same so maybe other owns just missed it or maybe it was an update ?

C.O.D. owners are quoting just under 40 mpg early on, then going up as car beds in depending on journey, so will be good to see what everyone gets. But probably just about enjoyment of driving it to start off with.