1.0 TFSI

Spurrellian

Reaction score
Hi,

My company car has come up for renewal

I currently have a 2012 3-door 8v 1.6tdi sport. I want a sportback sport but can only go for the 1.0tdi within my monthly budget

What's the 1.0tfsi like. I've asked two dealers local to me and they said there are no 1.0tfsi available for test drives.

On paper it looks better than the 1.6tdi but what's it like in the real world. Does it struggle with hills?

Any help appreciated in this decision

I have a 3dr 1.0 TFSI and I think it's a great little engine. It's just as refined as all the 4 cylinder engines in the line up.

The only noticeable thing with the engine is at startup, it shakes the car a little.

With regards to hills I tend to have to drop down a gear on hills if I'm in too low revs, but that's probably down to my driving. Torque only really starts from 2000rpm so anything above that and it does tackle hills, unless really step.

I'm currently getting between 52-55mpg on my 100 mile round trip to work on hilly A & B roads.

Reactions: S3 Turbo
Do not fear, the 1.0 is great. I have done 1500 miles and averaged 52 mpg.

It is a lively wee engine. Perfect for cruising or town work but it still has good pull for overtaking if required.

Reactions: S3 Turbo
My only comment from recent experience with making the transition with our second car from a TDI Skoda to a small turbo engine Petrol but with more 'on paper' power is that you will be very impressed. However, if you have been driving diesels for a while, you may take a while to get used to the lack of immediate torque until the turbo up is spooled up. So, it can catch you off guard pulling away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments, appreciated

Do any of you with the FL model have Xeons? IF so are they good?

They all come with xenons nowadays
Not quite all.

Standard (on SE and SPORT) are Xenon with LED DRL strip. LED headlights on SLINE and optional matrix LED.

Standard Xenon are very good indeed.