0B5 gearbox malfunction you can continue driving

vdubz

Reaction score
The other day, there was an error showing on the instrument cluster on my 2010 Audi Q5 2.0TFSI with s-tronic. Gearbox malfunction you can continue driving. The car seemed to accelerate by itself to around 1300 rpm, and then the rev came down to normal. I shut the enigne down an restarted again, this time with vcds plugging to OBD2, ready to scan for fault code. The message is still there, so I lightly pressed the throttle. It seemed as if the engine was banging the subframe. I could feel the shake of the car. I scanned the Auto Trans in my VCDS and didn't see any fault code, which is weird. There should be a fault code when I scanned because there's a message on instrument cluster. I'm not sure if DMF failure can throw gearbox malfunction message in cases the s tronic can't engage gear. What I suspect now is that DMF of my car fails because....
1. At idle I can feel the vibration through steering wheel. Compared with my 2.0tsi scirocco, Q5 vibrates a lot more
2.There's clunking noise from times to time at idle.
3. In 3-7 gear around 1500 rpm, the car will vibrate when I press the throttle hard enough
4. During cruising, if I lift up throttle and press throttle again, there will be clicking sound right after the throttle. The rev will slightly go before I come down and go up again as if the clutch slip a bit as shown in youtube.

It happens immediately when the car is started. Once it is shifted from P to either R N D S, the error message disappear.