09 White Cluster/DIS fitted to 04 8P

plenty o' homies on here :undwech:

Says a guy who mentions brownies and balls
he's certainly on the ball, he's building brownie points to get access to the database by himself LOL.
& I'll have you know, I'm not on anyone's balls, they've already been brooken by my missus, daily aswell lmfao

Thanks soo much nige, i had to leave in a hurry had to be back at work by 1. They got the steering sorted, but i've got a brake system fault light flashing, esp and abs lights on. Other then that im soo chufted with it, the digital speedo is soo good.

Thanks again, any chance you can help sort the flashing lights on the dash?

Yes mate you need to set an adaptation channel to tell the new cluster what brake system you have, dont worry audi cant do this on cars that didnt have the white dis before, so vagcom comes to your rescue, about time you bought it huh :p

I think your right about vcds, ill give you a shout soon as i have to pay for airride in june, so money needs to been saved. The car spends its time on the driveway now anyways as i have to get the train to work now.

The sender unit and pump I have installed is 1K0 919 050 B however there are 5 wires going to it. I assume then that the wire is there but the pump is incorrect for the white cluster? Or does it not need changing?

If you have the wire mentioned, then yes the pump will need changing guaranteed.

If you have the wire mentioned, then yes the pump will need changing guaranteed.

So just the pump to change no extra wiring then booking it to get it coded up and get the miles sorted out.

Just want to make sure before I go any further, also Nigel which Audi do you use that did your clocks? Crawley?

If you want to use guys I use then you need to go via me in the 1st instance, so I can lay the ground as such, cause if you just ring up you may not get as far, no its not crawley, on the coast.

i bought a set of 09 cluster over the weekend, but i am confused if their are out of a 2.0tdi, the part number is 8P0 920 982 H anybody? thanks

23052011239.jpg

what do you think?

Hi does any one know any dealer in the midlands area that can programe these clusters ????.Coventry AUDI are a waste of time.

Finaly got my new nice cluster fitted after about 8 months trying to fin some one to programe it in...;) Just one proble now the sat nav dont show up on the center display ?????? any one else had a proble like this ????? need help or the old cluster might have to go back in...something i dont wont to do.this one looks the doggs... pls help ....

i have the same problem on my diesel a3 had clocks reprogrammed and abs esp handbrake light is flashing, did you manage to sort yours out?

addendum -

place I got it done no longer can do it & Ayr Audi are a bunch of snobs & wont entertain the coding unless you buy a new cluster.

checked with vagcom but no faultcode whatsoever when i wheelspin the car the traction control works so every thing is working its just the flashing lights on the clocks (annoying)

i have the same problem on my diesel a3 had clocks reprogrammed and abs esp handbrake light is flashing, did you manage to sort yours out?

Dude, refer back to Nigels original post, it will explain how to remove the brake light faults.

Just one proble now the sat nav dont show up on the center display....

Try coding the car for the option.

Read the thread properly, it has the info advised to clear this issue, specifically written by me.

Right, after about 3 months of trying i finally got this mod done, with some help from Nigel and the guys at Audi i got it done.

Started by getting a new dash cluster from ebay for £90 which i was well chuffed about being as it was brand new un-coded. Next i spoke to Nige about getting it sorted, certain words were said and there i was sitting in Audi main dealer waiting for my car to get sorted. couple of hours later i was driving home with my new dash cluster.

Only porblem was that the audi dealer was unable to code the brake system, unsure why.

Once again i turn to Nige, purchased and VCDS cable and followed his guide about coding the braking system. for those of you that haven't read the first post on here. Here is the bit about the Braking system:

"So what I did, I went home, plugged in VCDS, went into 17, security access to which vcds prompted me to enter a certain code that was displayed, entered, went into adaptation channel 37 & set to 11 given mines 2wd where as 4wd is 00 I think, but quick browse in there can advise which is correct for your car, this told car what braking systems etc I had, lights all went out, job done."

Followed it word for word and it was done im now left with a brand spanking new dash cluster all coded up and look lovely.
556D1514-orig.jpg

Many thanks to Nigel for the help.

No worries, glad could help out.

Audi cant do the brake system coding, quite simply because they cant get into security access to set the brake system type, audi strangely/stupidly dont allow that access for dealers.