1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

05 2.0 TDI avant BLB. advice from ppl who have done some modifing please :-)

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by I,want,an,A6, Dec 10, 2011.

1. I,want,an,A6

I,want,an,A6 New Member

[Dec 10, 2011]
    Hi all.
    I have a red 05 A4 Avant 2.0TDI BLB engine.
    Got it sunday and cheap and now i know why.
    Few things to do --- Need a new clutch and fly wheel and front right CV joint - i found out durign the week :-( and rear wiper motor. few clips here and there and a bit of body work/refurb alloys !! actually alot to do !!

Im planning in the future to get a remap and maybe a bigger injectors/turbo in the future or something, i just dont know to be honest need help on that too !

I was told with mapping i dont need an upgraded clutch fly wheel, but dont wanna replace them again in 12 months after a few mods.

Any advice what Clutch or fly wheel to get considering the potential mods in the future ?

Money is tight within reason, got quoted €250 labour and about €800 for new german clutch and fly wheel if my local mechanic gets it (trusted).

Ill spend an extra 250/300€ for somethign that'l take a bit of abuse.

If there's anythign else - cheap upgrades- i could get that might help let me know.

Thanks in Advance :)

Padraic
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. I,want,an,A6

I,want,an,A6 New Member

[Dec 11, 2011]
    Any Advice At all guys ? Am really starting to panic about what to do and the cost :-(
  4. Paul B7

Paul B7 Active Member

[Dec 12, 2011]
    Forget modifying the car until you have sorted the engine out, see the thread on 2.0 tdi Oil Pump/Balance Shafts and then decide what you want to do. Then again, the cars engine may have "been sorted " already ?