04 audi a3 2.0tdi dsg won't hold car in park gear

babyjesus

Reaction score
first time on this site and I'm well impressed! I've a big problem can anybody help ?! my car won't engage park and i found it down the bottom of the garden this morning when i woke up! i had the hand break pulled but it obviously needs adjusting. scuff on back bumper damaged all the plastic underlay and pulled a few clips out of front bumper.. got away lightly considering! need this fix as soon as possible can anyone help figure out whats wrong with the gearbox!? I'm hoping its just something small and not the gearbox on it way out! anyone any ideas much appreciated

Last edited:
Welcome to the site ermm babyjesus :wtf:
Post moved to the A3 section

Obviously the handbrake needs adjustment.
On the gearbox side, you may have a problem here.
In automatic gearboxes,when in Park position, a pin will block a gear and prevent it from turning, holding the car in place. The problem is that this pin is not that solid an may snap if forced. It is not recommended to leave the car in Park without the handbrake, especially on slope.
You should have this checked.

Thanks very much johnny go getting back so fast ill book it in this week and see what they say! There's room for a good mechanic around my area if ur looking to relocate! F^

So last night when you parked up, you put it in park and it seemed to go in fine? But then this morning when it rolled down the garden was it still engaged in park when you get in it / started it up?