04 Allroad 2.5 TDi wont start

RiPsTa

Reaction score
I have a 2004 A6 Allroad 2.5 tdi V6, car was running perfectly till I parked up outside a shop and left it for half an hour now it just turns over and does not fire.
Like I said the car was running absolutely perfect when I left it, I fitted new timing/injection belts, pulleys, idlers and water pump about 6 months ago and I've checked them and they look fine.
I've read a bit about the injection pump failing but would like to do a bit more diagnosis to rule everything else out before I send the pump off for a £600+ rebuild
Any help would be greatly appreciated
I did scan it with vagcom and got a code P1570 engine start blocked by immobilizer but I cleared that and it still wouldn't start and the code hasn't come back

If you have vcds or similar then I would look in measuring blocks 18 and check 1st and 2nd fields the car should have close to 12v voltage there. If not then car is either is immobilised or pump is dead !

Thanks, I'll plug it in tonight and see what it says

Checked measuring block 18, fields 1 and 2 are showing full voltage

Check for air bubbles in Diesel supply clear hoses to the injection pump

Looks like i'm going to have to take the injection pump off and send it to diesel bob

Managed to get hold of a second hand pump cheap and the guy assures me the car was running fine before he took it of, do I need the PIN from the donor car or can I just program the used pump with my PIN?
Thanks